Office ‘Spring Cleaning’ Tips
Following the cold and flu season, a Clean office can reduce the risk of germs spreading throughout the office. Although we should all be encouraged to clean our work stations when returning to work we do not always get the time to do so (whether we are busy catching up on work or the latest office gossip!). Below are a few handy tips that you might want to consider:
- On your last working day before the weekend rid your desk of any unnecessary clutter
- Use microfiber cloths, sanitising wipes or electrostatic dusters to wipe down desks, screens, armrests, phones and keyboards
- Empty the communal fridge, throw away any expired food and clean where necessary (don’t throw away the MD’s Caviar though!)
- Wipe the screen gently with cleaning solution and a light damp (drip free) microfibre cloth
- Spill free cups for employees are a great way to protect the office carpets
- Investing in a Carpet Clean every quarter will also help keep them in tip top condition
Another great way of keeping your office environment tidy is having a recycle bin for all your paper and unwanted documents or even better Central bins which will save time, money and is another great step to reaching your environmental targets. Studies have shown that if staff work in an environment that is “decluttered” and clean they are likely to work more efficiently. Which also improves productivity in the workplace.
Studies have also found that on average you touch your face 2000 to 3000 times per day – that’s 2 to 5 times a minute! If this seems crazy to you, then take a moment to observe where your hands are right now. Is one of them under your chin or on your cheek as you read this sentence? Did you just feel an itch and have to scratch your nose? We can almost bet that you answered ‘yes’ to at least one of these statements. This is why it is so important that we regularly wash our hands as 80% of infectious diseases are transmitted by touch. If possible, try to include a touchless Dispenser for soap in the toilet and kitchen as this will improve overall hygiene in the office.
These top tips are small things that you can implement into your office easily and they will make a big difference to the workplace environment.
However, for a cleaner office, you might want to invest in a professional Office cleaning company that will make sure your office is tip top all year round.
Please call Marie on 0121 693 1503 or fill in the form below